– Hostage release: Nurit Cooper, 79, and Yocheved Lifshitz, 85, both Israeli senior citizens taken in Hamas’s horrific attack on Israel on October 7, were released into Egyptian hands and returned to Israel, becoming the second couple of hostages freed by Hamas.
Over the last day, the IDF struck over 400 terror targets and killed several Hamas commanders and numerous operatives preparing attacks.
The Israeli Air Force continues to launch immense air attacks against terrorist targets in Gaza. Palestinians described the attacks as “unprecedented” and “heaviest” since the war began. The terrorists are continuing to shoot rockets at Israel south and Central Israel. Ground forces are deployed along the Gaza border to clear the area in preparation for the IDF ground maneuver.
From IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Herzi Halevi statement today:
“The State of Israel is in the middle of a war started by the terrorist organization Hamas. He will regret it; he regrets it already… We are prepared for this, we equip ourselves with the finest means, among the most advanced in the world. But mostly, we have the best fighters for these missions… I want it to be clear – the IDF is ready for maneuver, and we will make a decision together with the political echelon about the essence and timing of the next step…
We attack in the Gaza Strip all the time and non-stop; Day and night, from the air, sea, and land, targets based on quality and focused intelligence…“
In the north of the country, the Lebanese border, the IDF forces are determined on the contact line, we immediately attack any Hezbollah unit that wishes or tries to harm Israeli citizens or IDF soldiers… Hezbollah is an organization that cooperates with the murderous attack of Hamas, and thus identifies with ISIS, under the guise of ‘protecting Lebanon’…
We are strongly prepared, ready, and alert also for the possibility of the expansion of the arenas, near and far…
We will never forget the children who were murdered, the women who were separated from their husbands, and the atrocities. We take these images with us forward to the battlefield, determined, and we will do it like warriors… We also remember and fight mainly because we know there is a purpose – this is our country, our home, and we will protect it in any way…
This war has one address – the leadership of Hamas and all those who acted under their command, they will pay the price for the action they carried out.”
– So far, according to the IDF since Saturday morning Oct. 7, 1,400 Israelis were killed, among them 308 fallen soldiers. 3,900 Israelis wounded. 222 Confirmed abducted, and many more missing. Since the beginning of hostilities, nearly 7,000 rockets have been launched into Israel.
-Hezbollah continues its over-border attacks against Israeli forces. Several terrorist squads preparing to fire anti-tank missiles were eliminated by IDF forces.
-This morning it was reported that the official death toll of Hezbollah operatives reached 33, however at 6:30 PM the IDF reported that it eliminated 3 terrorist squads in the afternoon, so tomorrow there will probably be reports of a larger number of dead.
-Today, compared to the previous days, there was no attempt to penetrate by UAVs. In addition, the events at the Lebanese border began at 13:00 and not in the morning, when the IDF eliminated a terrorist who tried to launch an anti-tank missile towards the Galilee. Following the incident, there were several other anti-tank incidents aimed at the Israeli communities, Shtula and a Manara. Later at 17:30, an alarm was sounded in the settlement of Alkosh in Western Galilee due to the firing of rocket launchers and suspected anti-tank missiles. It seems that Hezbollah understands that the IDF reacts quickly to the UAV incidents and therefore tries to use more anti-tank missiles and mortars.
-The chairman of the Free Christian National Movement in Lebanon, Jubran Bassil – after his meeting with the chairman of the Lebanese Parliament, Nabia Berri: “No party can drag us into war – unless it imposes itself on us, and then we will have to defend ourselves. But this Does not mean that we allow attacks against us without response”. Just after midnight, the IDF struck terror targets belonging to the Hezbollah terrorist organization. Among them, a military compound, a military post, and an observation post used by Hezbollah.
The strikes were conducted in response to the rocket and anti-tank missile launches from Lebanese territory today (Monday). Earlier today, it was stated that 27 Hezbollah operatives had been killed since the commencement of the war, a figure that is expected to rise in the coming days due to increased anti-tank fire attempts.
13:15- Hezbollah terrorists attempted to launch a rocket from Lebanon towards Israeli territory adjacent to the area of Kibbutz Bar’am. An IDF aircraft struck the terrorist in Lebanon.
14:25 – A report was received regarding an anti-tank missile launch toward the community of Shtula. No injuries were reported.
16:30 – A UAV attacked a terrorist squad that was identified on Lebanese territory in the Mount Dov area and destroyed weapons used by the squad. Correspondingly, a report was received a short time ago about anti-tank fire from Lebanese territory to the Manara area, there are no casualties. IDF forces responded with artillery fire at the source of the fire. In addition, a report was received regarding an anti-tank missile launched from Lebanon toward Kibbutz Manara. No injuries were reported. The IDF is responding with artillery fire toward the source of the launch.
18:24 – A UAV attacked two terrorist squads that were firing mortars and anti-tank missiles at IDF positions in Metua and Alkosh areas on the Lebanese border. Artillery and tanks also returned fired at the sources of the attack. In addition, IDF forces attacked another terrorist cell in Lebanese territory that attempted to launch anti-tank missiles toward Israeli territory near Kibbutz Yiftach. There are no casualties.
Gaza and Southern Israel:
– In a wide-scale operation to dismantle Hamas’ terrorist capabilities, the IDF struck dozens of Hamas gunmen setting up to fire rockets and carry out terror attacks against the Israeli home front. Over the last day, IDF fighter jets struck dozens of terror infrastructure and Hamas staging grounds in the neighborhoods of Shuja’iyya, Shati, Jabalia, Daraj Tuffah, and Zaytun. Furthermore, an IDF aircraft struck a Hamas operational tunnel shaft which gave terror operatives quick access to the coastline.
Yesterday, based on IDF and ISA intelligence, IDF fighter jets struck the Head of the Anti-Tank Missiles Array of Hamas’ Northern Brigade, Ibrahim Alkhaser in the northern Gaza Strip. Alkhaser fired the anti-tank missile which killed an IDF soldier, Staff Sgt. Omer Tabib, and injured additional soldiers in Operation “Guardian of the Walls”. In addition, he was responsible for planning and directing multiple anti-tank attacks toward Israeli territory specifically against IDF soldiers.
Last night the IDF, under the intelligence guidance of the ISA, Israeli forces thwarted 3 terrorists of the terrorist organization Hamas, among them: Abd al-Rahman, deputy commander of the Nuzirat Battalion, who participated in the murderous raid on Kibbutz Bari. Khalil Mahjaz, deputy commander of the Shati Battalion. Khalil Tethari, deputy commander of the Sheik Radwan Battalion.
Additionally, overnight, IDF aircraft struck command centers used by Hamas operatives and staging grounds located in mosques used by Hamas. The deputy commanders of the Nuseirat, Shati, and Furqan battalions were killed in the strike. Today, during combined operational activities, IDF tanks, helicopters and artillery struck anti-tank missile launchers and observation posts in which Hamas terrorist operatives were located. Simultaneously, IAF helicopters and fighter jets struck terrorist infrastructure located in a multi-story building, as well as additional anti-tank infrastructure. During the activity, IDF forces killed a number of Hamas terrorists in the Gaza Strip.
– As part of the extensive efforts to free the Israeli and foreign national hostages held by the Hamas terrorist organization in Gaza, the IDF today used multiple channels to communicate with the residents of Gaza and ask for information about the hostages, offering protection and compensation in return.
-15:00- heavy rocket attack towards Alfi Menashe an Israeli community in Samaria. Rockets exploded into the local synagogue and a local home, causing destruction.
-17:00 – An immense barrage of rockets was launched toward central Israel. Most were intercepted, and several slipped through Israel’s air defenses falling in central cities. 5 injuries were reported.
-19:47 – Israeli naval forces targeted a cell of scuba divers belonging to the Hamas terrorist organization attempting to infiltrate Israeli territory by sea in the area of Kibbutz Zikim. IDF fighter jets struck the military compound from which the terrorists departed in the Gaza Strip. IDF forces are continuing searches in the area.
Rafah crossing on the border between Egypt and the Gaza Strip remains open for the flow of humanitarian aid, 20 trucks are expected to cross through today carrying, medicine, medical equipment, and food to Gaza. Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu has consented to US President Biden’s request to continue this aid.
-Since the beginning of the war, the IDF has identified about hundreds of failed Hamas rocket launches that fell inside the Gaza Strip. The Hamas terrorist organization uses the residents of the Gaza Strip as human shields and launches rockets from civilian infrastructure, areas, and buildings in the Gaza Strip.
– French President Emmanuel Macron, landed in Israel to show France’s solidarity with Israel and push for the release of hostages who have been held in Gaza. During his visit, he met President Herzog and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and bereaved families.
– Italy’s Foreign Minister Antonio Tiani criticizes the news coverage of the explosion in the hospital in Gaza: “We must avoid the negative effect of propaganda – because the missile that caused the death of 500, when in reality there were only 50, was not launched by Israel”
– CENTCOM, the Central Command of the US Army in the Middle East, announced the reception of an additional squadron of F16 aircraft – as part of increased alertness in the region, against the background of military support for Israel and increased attacks by pro-Iranian militias in Iraq and Syria.
– US Secretary of State, Antony Blinken: “The US is not looking for a confrontation with Iran, but if Iran or one of its proxies attacks us – be sure that we will protect our people and our security quickly and decisively”.
– UN Secretary-General António Guterres condemned unequivocally the horrifying and unprecedented 7 October acts of terror by Hamas in Israel. Nothing can justify the deliberate killing, injuring, and kidnapping of civilians – or the launching of rockets against civilian targets.
He went on to say: “It is important to also recognize the attacks by Hamas did not happen in a vacuum. The Palestinian people have been subjected to 56 years of suffocating occupation” … Due to this final unjust and disconnected clause Israeli FM cancelled his planned meeting with the UN Secretary.