update: Israel at war
10 – 16/10/2023, 18:00 PM Israel time
These 24 Hours mark important operational achievements to the IDF, with forces attacking military infrastructure of the terrorist organization Hezbollah in Lebanon, in Gaza destroying weapons production facility an outpost and an observation post of Hamas, as well as dozens of operational headquarters and mortar bomb launching positions, including the military headquarters of Ali Kachi, one of the commanders in the Najaba force who was eliminated a few days ago.
The IDF has been completing efforts in preparation for a ground invasion. Preparations included the IDF’s call on Gaza City residents to evacuate their homes, distributed through a variety of different means, while Hamas terrorists try to prevent their evacuation in the hope of using these civilians as “human shields.”
It has been relatively a quiet day on the Northen front, with Hezbollah testing its limits. There have been approximately 2 incidents a day since the begging of the war that include anti-tank fire, infiltration attempts and rockets fire. With Hezbollah claiming responsibility. The coming days will tell if Hezbollah will open a front with Israel, likely with a substantial rocket fire increase.
Significantly, today the IDF evacuated 24,511 residents in 28 towns at a distance of 0-2 kilometers from the border fence with Lebanon. Hezbollah will not have the surprise effect that Hamas had in the south, and if it decides to involve Lebanon in the war, the results will be different.
So far, according to the IDF: 1,400 Israelis were killed since Saturday morning, among them 291 fallen soldiers. 3,900+ Israelis wounded. 199 Confirmed kidnapped, and more missing. And 6,000+ Rockets were launched into Israel.
– Early in the morning, IDF forces attacked military infrastructure of the terrorist organization Hezbollah in Lebanon, this in response to the shooting that was carried out yesterday on Israeli territory.
– In the morning, 28 towns up to 2 kilometers from the border were evacuated, in order to allow the IDF freedom of activity at the border.
– At noon, there was a suspicion of terrorists infiltrating at Maayan Baruch, a kibbutz near the border with Lebanon, since then no reports of the incident have been received.
– In the afternoon, Hezbollah took responsibility for opening fire on the IDF on the Lebanese border, which responded with artillery fire.
– JUST IN: Due to a security incident in the northern region, the echoes of explosions originating from the firing of IDF forces are heard. There are currently no special instructions. The IDF recommends staying near protected areas.
– JUST IN: Arms fire was fired at a number of IDF posts in the Lebanese border area. In addition, an anti-tank fire was fired a short time ago at an IDF tank, there are no casualties. In response, the IDF attacks the sources of the fire with artillery.
Gaza and Southern Israel:
– IDF missile ships carried out sea surface attacks towards the Gaza Strip as part of the fighting. As part of these attacks, a facility for the production of weapons, an outpost and an observation post of the naval force of the terrorist organization Hamas were attacked.
– Dozens of operational headquarters and mortar bomb launching positions were destroyed.
– In addition, the military headquarters of Ali Kachi, one of the commanders in the Najaba force of the terrorist organization Hamas, who was eliminated a few days ago, was destroyed. A number of Hamas terrorists were also eliminated.
– USS Eisenhower in route to the Mediterranean. More US cargo planes are due to arrive with advanced armaments so the IDF is fully equipped for any scenario.
– LTG Halevi spoke with CENTCOM Commander and the Greek Chief of Staff.
Guest Writer – Mayan Sarnat