Daily update: Israel at war Day 14 Oct 20, 2023 – 20:00 PM Israel time
– As Israel has advanced the devising of the next stage in its operation, approvals of operational plans are now being approved for the next phase in the war. Major General Yaron Finkelman, commander of the Southern Command, toured the various forces now stationed in the Southern arena. He approved preparations and spoke with troops and commanders during his visit.
“The maneuver will move the fighting into their territory,” said the commander of the Southern Command. The excellent commanders and troops are here, it will be a lengthy and intense war.”
– In the southwest corner of the Gaza Strip, in the Al-Mawasi area, a safe humanitarian zone has been formed to which foreign aid will be channeled in the future via the Rafah crossing. Terrorists from Hamas are attempting to hinder the evacuation through persuasion or force, with the intention of utilizing people as human shields. According to sources, around 650,000 Gazans have left Gaza City on their journey south.
– Continuing tensions remain extremely elevated in northern Israel. Since the October 7 Hamas offensive, Hezbollah has fired scores of anti-tank guided missiles, rockets, and mortars into Israeli military positions and communities, while also sending terrorists attempting to infiltrate into Israel. Several unmanned aircraft have been intercepted over northern Israel as well.
Iran’s rhetoric toward Israel has become more aggressive. Iranian leaders, including their Foreign Minister, declared: “Time is over.”
– So far, according to the IDF since Saturday morning Oct. 7, 1,300 Israelis were killed, among them 306 fallen soldiers. 3,900 Israelis have been wounded. 203 were Confirmed abducted, and many more missing. Since the beginning of hostilities, nearly 7,000 rockets have been launched into Israel.
– Hezbollah has escalated its attacks on Israel, firing volleys of rockets and ATGM all along the Northern border, from Rosh Hanikra on the Mediterranean Sea to Kiryat Shmona in the Galilee panhandle, targeting Israeli military outposts, military personnel, and civilians, all with the full support of Iran. The IDF remains primed to respond on all fronts to any threat and is on high alert for new provocations along the northern border.
– In addition to the Israeli government’s decision to evacuate northern settlements that are within five kilometers of the border, the government along with the IDF approved the evacuation of Kiryat Shmona, a town population of over 23,000 people.
– Overnight, an IDF UAV struck a terrorist in Lebanese territory. Additionally, in response to launches fired from Lebanon toward Israel yesterday, the IDF struck several military assets belonging to the Hezbollah terrorist organization.
– 13:06- Shots were fired at an IDF force operating in the Margaliot settlement area, the fighters responded by firing. The terrorist had arrived in his vehicle at the moshav and fired at IDF reservists who were on standby in the area. Following a manhunt by IDF soldiers, the terrorist was located and the terrorist adjacent to Margaliot after several hours and killed the terrorist, who was armed with a handgun.
– 13:54 – Three Hezbollah terrorists were identified near the Lebanese border. The terrorists were targeted by an IDF aircraft operating in the vicinity. Furthermore, IDF snipers opened fire on armed terrorists who were seen operating near the Lebanese border.
– Numerous launches from Lebanon toward Israeli territory in the Har Dov area. IDF soldiers are responding with artillery toward the origins of the shooting.
-15:30 -A mortar shell launched from Lebanon landed near Kibbutz Dan, IDF cordoned off the area closing the roads in the area.
16:20 – An ATMG rocket was fired from Lebanon at Mitzpe Adi near Metula, no casualties were reported.
Gaza and Southern Israel:
- The IDF’s campaign in Gaza is still progressing, with the goal of eliminating Hamas terrorists who were directly responsible for the abominable attacks on October 7th, as well as all Hamas terror assets and infrastructures.
- During the night, fighter jets and naval troops killed Muhammed Abu Shamala, an operative in the special forces of the naval wing of the terrorist group Hamas who was laboring to execute maritime assaults on Israel.
- A terrorist squad related to the “Hamas air force”, which planned to launch missiles at an aircraft, was targeted. In addition, IDF forces destroyed tunnel shafts, munitions warehouses, and dozens of operational headquarters.
- Rocket attacks throughout the Past 24 hours towards south and central Israel continue.
– Brigadier General Patrick Ryder speaking from the Pentagon announced today that the USS Carney operating in the northern Red Sea intercepted and shot down three cruise missiles and several UAVs launched by the Iran-aligned Houthi movement in Yemen, potentially aimed at targets within Israel.